It is the duty of the government representative to:
(1) act as the representative of the Governor on Swains Island;
(2) mediate disputes between employees and their employer;
(3) enforce laws of the United States, and American Samoa applicable on Swains Island;
(4) enforce village regulations;
(5) keep the Governor advised as to the state of affairs on Swains Island, particularly as to the health, education, safety, and welfare of the people thereon;
(6) insure that the people of Swains Island continue to enjoy the rights, privileges and immunities accorded to them by the laws of the United States and American Samoa; and
(7) insure that the proprietary rights of the proprietor are respected.History: 1962, PL 7-28.