In addition to any duty assigned by the Governor, the Director of Human Resources shall:
(1) apply and carry out the provisions of this chapter and 7.0201 et seq.;
(2) be executive secretary of the Personnel Advisory Board;
(3) establish and maintain a roster and other records of employees of the government;
(4) make recommendations to and assist the Personnel Advisory Board in developing programs designed to improve employee effectiveness, and to enforce such programs as the board, subject to the approval of the Governor, may promulgate;
(5) assist the Personnel Advisory Board in investigating personnel problems in the government.History: 1962, PL 7-22; amd 1998, PL 25-37 § 1.
Because the Governor has general supervision and control of all executive departments, agencies and instrumentalities of the Government, personnel decisions are subject to his direction as long as his actions are in accordance with applicable territorial and federal laws and rules. Rev. Const. Am. Samoa Art. II, § 7; A.S.C.A. § 7.0110; A.S.A.C. §§ 4.0102, 4.0111(b). Sala v. American Samoa Gov't, 21 A.S.R.2d 14.