Requests for certification of eligibles to a position will be submitted by the selecting authority on form Per-35. Authorized position vacancies can only be filled from the list furnished by the office of manpower resources.
(a) Upon receipt of a request for certification, the director shall cause to be prepared an eligible list consisting of:
(1) names of eligible applicants from the reduction-in-force list, if any. The selection must be made from this list if one exists;
(2) names of eligibles from the pertinent open or promotional list. No more than 5 names will be certified, except in case where candidates below the fifth rank have the same numerical score as the person named as number 5; in this instance, additional names will be certified to the extent there are eligibles with that same score.
(b) Reports of actions taken on certified
eligibles by the selecting authority shall be given in writing to the director within 10 working days following certification unless the director has specifically granted an extended time. Fair consideration must be given to all certified names. One of the following actions must be taken:
(1) Appointment of one of the certified candidates;
(2) Request for additional names to replace names of eligibles who:
(A) fail to reply within four days of notice to appear for consideration;
(B) are not satisfactory for valid and pertinent reasons directly connected with the position as determined by the director from a written report by the selecting authority;
(3) Cancellation of the request.History: Rule 10-81, eff 29 Jul 81, § 3.10.