Cite as [A.S.A.C. § 4.0707 ]
(a) Employees shall be held accountable for government property entrusted to them for their official use. It is their responsibility to protect and conserve government property, including motor vehicles and other self-propelled equipment, and to use it economically and for official purposes only. The following rules apply to all government-owned or government-leased motor vehicles and other self-propelled equipment:
(1) All government vehicles or equipment are to be used for official business only.
(2) No government vehicle shall be issued to any employee of the government who does not have a valid government official driving permit, and no other self-propelled equipment shall be issued to any person other than a qualified operator of the equipment.
(3) No passengers or riders are to be transported unless they are on official government business or are employees of the government.
(4) A valid government official driving permit must be in the driver's possession at all times while operating a government vehicle.
(5) All accidents and traffic citations must be reported by the driver or operator to his or her immediate supervisor within 24 hours after the accident or citation.
(6) Any department permitting an employee without a valid government official driving permit to drive a government vehicle shall be held responsible for any damage or liability incurred as a result of an accident in which such employee is involved.
(b) The rules pertaining to motor vehicles and other self-propelled equipment are the established rules of the heads of all departments, agencies and other instrumentalities of the executive branch of the government having motor vehicles and such equipment under their control and authority.History: Rule 10-81, eff 29 Jul 81, § 7.2(f); and Rule 10-82, eff 29 Nov. 82, § 3(3).