Cite as [A.S.A.C. § 4.1205 ]
(1) Basic records: Agencies will establish necessary records for employee development and training.
(2) Letters of completion: Departments will prepare, for documentation in official personnel jackets, letters of completion for individuals completing satisfactorily any approved employee development and training activity. The letter will include the following information:
(A) Title of course;
(B) Hours of training received;
(C) A brief outline of subject matter covered;
(D) Dates of attendance;
(E) Where and by whom sponsored if other than home department.
(3) Training certificate: The office of manpower resources will issue training certificates to employees completing satisfactorily any endorsed employee development and training activity with 20 or more hours of instruction time. In order for the OMR to endorse such activities, agencies must advise the department of their employee development and training activities through submission of their employee development and training plans and of any additions or amendments to them.
(b) Reporting Requirements. A system of reporting is necessary to give meaningful information which will assist management in assessing the past and in planning the future activities and to funnel in the necessary data from departmental units to the OMR, which is responsible for preparing a master employee development and training report for the Governor. Departments will submit consolidated semi-annual reports to the OMR by the tenth working day following the end of each semi-annual period. The OMR will submit the government-wide semiannual employee development and training report to the Governor by the fifteenth working day following the end of each period.
(1) For items in the annual departmental employee development and training plan requiring expenditure of funds for which appropriations have been included in the department's opera ting budget:
(A) In-service training: An invoice for expenditure of funds will be completed and processed according to the ASG standard operating procedure.
(B) Out-service training: An invoice for expenditure of funds will be completed and processed according to the ASG standard operating procedure.
(2) For items requiring departmental expenditure of funds above and beyond those covered in the operating budget:
(a) In-service Training: Training using resources and facilities outside the agency but within the jurisdiction of the ASG and involving expenses for which funds have not been included in the departmental annual training budget will be submitted for prior approval to
(b) Out-service Training: Training using resources and facilities outside of the jurisdiction of the ASG will be submitted for prior approval to the director.
(3) Blanket approval for statewide expenditure of funds: In situations relating to specific employee development and training activities where the office of manpower resources has received blanket approval or authority from the Governor for the expenditure of funds, it will coordinate attendance at these activities.History: Rule 10-81, eff 29 Jul 81, § 12.5.