Cite as [A.S.A.C. § 4.2210 ]
Authorized position vacancies can only be filled from the list of eligible applicants.
(a) Upon identifying the need to fill a position, the Executive Director shall cause to be prepared an eligible list consisting of:
(1) Names of eligible applicants from the reduction-in-force list, if any. The selection must be made from this list if one exists;
(2) Names of eligibles from the pertinent open or promotional list. No more than 5 names will be considered, except where candidates below the fifth rank have the same numerical score as the person named as number five; in this instance, additional names will be included to the extent there are eligibles with that same score.
(b) Fair consideration must be given to all eligible names. One of the following actions will be taken:
(1) Appointment of one of the eligible candidates;
(2) Consideration of additional names in place of eligibles who:
(A) Fail to reply within 4 days of notice to appear for consideration;
(B) Are not satisfactory for valid and pertinent reasons directly connected with the position;
(3) Decision not to fill the position.History: Rule 11-84, eff 19 Dec 84, (part).