(a) The following public holidays are designated by statute and are paid holidays for agency employees:
(1) New Year's Day, January 1;
(2) Washington's Birthday, the third Monday in February;
(3) Good Friday, the Friday before Easter;
(4) Flag Day, April 17;
(5) Memorial Day, last Monday in May;
(6) Independence Day, July 4;
(7) Manu 'a Islands Cession Day, July 16;
(8) Labor Day, the first Monday in September;
(9) Columbus Day, the second Monday in October; (10) Veteran 's Day, the fourth Monday in October; (11) Thanksgiving Day, the fourth Thursday in November; (12) Christmas Day, December 25.
(b) Other holidays may be established by Governor's proclamation.History: Rule 11-84, eff 19 Dec 84, (part).