Cite as [A.S.A.C. § 4.3205 ]
(1) Basic Records. ASPA will establish necessary records for employee development and training.
(2) Letters of Completion. ASPA will prepare for documentation in official personnel jackets, letters of completion for individuals completing satisfactorily any approved employee development and training activity. The letter will include the following information:
(A) Title of course;
(B) Hours of training received;
(C) A brief outline of subject matter covered;
(D) Dates of attendance;
(E) Where and by whom sponsored if other than ASPA.
(3) Training Certificate. The Office of Manpower Resources will issue training certificates to employees completing satisfactorily any endorsed employee development and training activity with 20 or more hours of instruction time. ASPA will advise the Office of Manpower Resources of employee development and training activities through submission of employee development and training plans and of any additions or amendments to them.
(b) Report Requirements. A system of reporting is necessary to give meaningful information which will assist management in assessing the past and in planning the future activities and to funnel in the da ta from ASPA to the Office of Manpower Resources, which is responsible for preparing a master employee development and training report for the Governor. ASPA will submit a consolidated semi- annual report to the Office of Manpower Resources by the tenth working day following the end of each semi-annual period.
(1) For items in the annual agency employee development and training plan requiring expenditure of funds for which appropriations have been included in the agency's operating budget:
(A) In-service Training. An invoice for expenditure of funds will be completed and processed according to the ASPA standard operating procedure.
(B) Out-service Training. An invoice for expenditure of funds will be completed and processed according to the ASPA standard operating procedure.
(2) For items requiring agency expenditures of funds above and beyond those covered in the operating budget:
(A) In-service Training. Training using resources and facilities outside the agency but within the jurisdiction of the ASG and involving expenses for which funds have not been included in the agency annual training budget will be submitted for prior approval to the Executive Director.
(B) Out-service Training. Training using resources and facilities outside of the jurisdiction of the ASG will be submitted for prior approval to the Executive Director.
(3) ASPA will use as guidelines for training expenditures, Part VI of the American Samoa Government Employee Development and Training Manual.History: Rule 11-84, eff 19 Dec 84, (part).