Survey action and a report of survey, GAS form MT/MGT 31, illustrated in Appendix 3, are required to authorize and/or document the following property transaction and circumstances:
(1) Loss of property exceeding $100 in original cost. Losses of $100 and less shall be subject to report of survey procedures if not documented by a certificate of loss as provided in 10.0126;
(2) Condemnation for salvage, reduction to scrap, destruction and abandonment of property regardless of circumstances;
(3) Donation to public bodies;
(4) Property damage exceeding $100 in value, except damage resulting from motor vehicle accidents which are investigated and reported as provided in existing law and regulations. Damages of $100 and less shall also be subject to report of survey procedures if not documented by a certificate of loss as provided in 10.0126;
(5) Any circumstance, except motor vehicle accidents, in which there is a possibility of a claim against the government in connection with the administration, care, and use of its property.History: Rule 3-78, eff 17 Apr 78, 300 GASM § 5.1.