Cite as [A.S.A.C. § 13.0111]
(a) Financial aid shall be awarded by contract containing the conditions of the award. Each financial aid category shall have a standard and uniform contract approved by the Attorney General.
(b) Financial aid contracts shall contain provisions governing the following matters:
(1) The amount and duration of the award.
(2) The amounts to be paid directly to the recipient or to the educational institution, or both. For this purpose, categories of education may be specifically identified.
(3) Reduction in the amount awarded for a grant-in-aid or student loan by the amount the recipient may later receive in the form of an extra-territorial scholarship, grant, fellowship or other type of financial assistance. This requirement does not apply to scholarships.
(4) Cancellation of the financial aid awarded, and reimbursement of the amounts expended or a pro rata share thereof, if the recipient fails to meet the conditions set forth in 13.0112. Those conditions shall be expressly stated in the contract.
(5) Repayment of the amount awarded and extended for a grant-in-aid or student loan plus reasonable interest. The repayment schedule and interest rate shall be expressly stated in the contract.
(6) The recipient’s promise to be me employed by the government or private enterprise in American Samoa in a position related to the recipient’s chosen area of study for a period of time equal to number of scholastic years financed by the board.
(7) Waiver of repayment of the amounts awarded and expended for a grant-in-aid in full or part based on the ratio the years of employment by the government or private enterprise in American Samoa in positions related to the recipient’s chosen area of study bears to the number of scholastic years financed by the board.
(8) The major area of study which the recipient will pursue during the period of the grant or scholarship. The recipient cannot deviate from this field for the duration of the financial aid.
(e) The chairman, or his or her designee as authorized in writing, shall sign all financial aid contracts on behalf of the American Samoa Government.History: Rule 10-80, eff 20 Aug 80, § 11; repealed and replaced by Rule l-88, eff 25 May 88, §§ 1,2.