(a) Each taxi shall contain identifying markings identifying the vehicle as a taxi. The markings shall meet the minimum physical standards of this section:
(1) The markings shall appear on both sides of the taxi;
(2) The letters shall contrast sharply in color with the background on which they are placed;
(3) The information shall be readily legible during daylight hours from a distance of 50 feet while the taxi is stationary; and
(4) The markings must be maintained in a manner that retains the legibility.
(b) The markings maybe be painted directly on the taxi, or may consist of a removable device, such as a decal or sticker, so long as the requirements of section (a) are maintained.
(c) The markings shall contain at a minimum the following information:
(1) The legal or trade name of the taxi, as identified on the certificate of convenience;
(2) The vehicle identification number;
(3) The physical address of the business; and
(4) The phone number of the business.
(d) The markings may include the company logo, but shall not include advertising for other companies or products.
(e) Each taxi shall bear a roof sign which shall distinguish the taxi as a commercial vehicle and shall indicate whether the taxi is available for fare.
(f) Failure to adhere to this section shall be grounds for revocation or suspension of a commercial driver’s permit or a certificate of convenience.History: Comm. Commn. Regs., Rule 01-2012, eff 1 Jan 13.