Cite as [A.S.A.C. § 31.0103]
The contractors licensing board views the responsibilities of the contractors licensing board in relation to the board of tradesmen examiners as follows:
(a) The contractors licensing board's primary interest is as set out in 31.0102. It thus is concerned with the protection of the general public from unqualified or unscrupulous contractors of primary importance, then, is the:
(1) contractor's business skill and knowledge of legal requirements to engage in business;
(2) integrity and character of contractors; and
(3) the professional competency of the contractor if holder of a specialty license, or the competency of those responsible managing employees who qualify the contractor for license by taking and passing the specific examinations provided for in this chapter.
(b) Next, the board of tradesmen examiners is interested in the tradesmen who are foremen and general foremen licensed by them and who work at a trade immediately under the contractor or the responsible managing employee.
(c) All employees who are not contractors, responsible managing employees, or tradesmen, foremen or general foremen, shall be designated as laborers. All laborers shall be under the direct supervision of the tradesmen, responsible managing employee, or the contractor.
RME: Responsible Managing Employee, those employees who take and pass the "specific " examination by the contractors licensing board which qualify the contractor to obtain a license if such contractor has passed the general examination;
T: tradesmen licensed by the board of tradesmen examiners;
(d) A pyramid of the employees described in subsection (c) of this section is as follows:
(1) General engineering contractor:
(2) General building contractor:
(A) Responsible managing employee;
(3) Specialty contractor:
(A) The holder of a specialty license;
(C) Laborers.History: Contractors Lic. Bd. Reg. 1.03, eff 12 Feb 73.