(a) In 20.0204 A.S.C.A., the board of marine inspectors is granted the following authority:
(1) To issue registers and certificates of inspection (hull and machinery) for the operation of vessels;
(2) To issue license for masters, pilots and engineers alter appropriate written and oral examinations as determined necessary by the board:
(3) To maintain records of board proceedings and preserve copies of documents issued under this chapter:
(4) To make all necessary inspections of vessels in furtherance of the provisions of this chapter;
(5) To promulgate all rules necessary to effectuate the purpose of this chapter;
(6) To hold hearings, compel attendance of witnesses, to order the production of documents and other tangible evidence and to administer oaths;
(7) To refuse to issue, revoke, suspend, limit, or modify any register, certificate of inspection, or license provided for in this title.
(b) The rules contained in this title are promulgated pursuant to the authority contained in paragraph (a) (5).History: Bd. of Mar. lnsp. Regs.. eff 16 Oct 72, § 1.02.