Cite as [A.S.A.C. § 24.0810]
(1) For all hazardous materials imported or otherwise introduced for use in this territory, the executive secretary shall manage, and have the discretion to prohibit, the procurement, use, storage or transportation of all materials that, because of their hazardous nature, toxicity, or other harmful characteristics, will endanger public health and safety and the environment.
(2) An MSDS shall be used to develop and document the presence in the territory of materials which might endanger public health and safety and the environment if improperly procured, used, stored, or transported or otherwise mismanaged.
(b) Identification. Hazardous materials imported or introduced for use in American Samoa shall be properly identified using the MSDS and one or more of the following types of information:
(1) Labeling [according to USDOT (49 CFR 172E) or NFPA specifications];
(2) Common name;
(3) Scientific or chemical name;
(4) Chemical Abstract Service (CAS) numberHistory: Rule 02-01, eff 30 Aug 01.