Cite as [A.S.A.C. § 24.0850]
As used in this Part:
(1) “Class location” means, for onshore pipelines, the geographic area that extends 220 yards on either side of the centerline of any continuous ¼ mile length of pipeline. The class location designations referred to in this part shall be those set forth in 49 CFR 192.5(b) through (f), which are hereby incorporated by reference.
(2) “Distribution Line” means a pipeline other than a gathering or transmission line.
(3) “Gas” means natural gas, flammable gas, or gas which is toxic or corrosive.
(4) “Gathering Line” means a pipeline that transport gas from a current production facility to a transmission line or main.
(5) “High pressure distribution system” means a distribution system in which the gas pressure in the main is higher than the pressure provided to the customer.
(6) “Low pressure distribution system” means a distribution system in which the gas pressure in the main is substantially the same as the pressure provided to the customer.
(7) “Main” means a distribution line that serves as a common source of supply for more than one service line.
(8) “Maximum actual operating pressure” means the maximum pressure that occurs during normal operations over a period of 1 year.
(9) “Maximum allowable operating pressure” means the maximum pressure at which a pipeline or a segment of pipeline may be operated under this Part.
(10) “Offshore” means beyond the line of ordinary low water along that portion of the United States that is in direct contact with the open seas and beyond the line marking the seaward limit of inland waters.
(11) “Operator” means a person who engages in the transportation of gas.
(12) “Person” means any individual, firm, joint venture, partnership, corporation, association, State, municipality, territory, cooperative association, and including any trustee, receiver, assignee, or personal representative thereof.
(13) “Pipe” means any pipe or tubing used in the transportation of gas, including pipe-type holders.
(14) “Pipeline” means all parts of those physical facilities through which gas moves in transportation, including pipe, valves, and other appurtenance attached to pipe, compressor units, metering stations, regulator stations, delivery stations, holders and fabricated assemblies.
(15) “Pipeline facility” means new and existing pipelines, rights-of-way, and any equipment, facility, or building used in the transportation of gas or in the treatment of gas during the course of transportation.
(16) “Service line” means a distribution line that transport gas from a common source of supply to an (a) customer meter or the connection to a customer’s piping, whichever is farther downstream, or (b) the connection to a customer’s piping if there is no customer meter. A customer meter is the meter that measures the transfer of gas from an operator to a consumer.
(17) “SMYS” means specified minimum yield strength that is:
(A) For steel pipe manufactured in accordance with a listed specification, the yield strength specified as a minimum in that specification; or
(B) For steel pipe manufactured in accordance with an unknown or unlisted specification, the yield strength determined in accordance with 49 CFR 192.107(b), which is hereby incorporated by reference.
(18) “Transmission line” means a pipeline, other than a gathering line, that:
(A) Transport gas from a gathering line or storage facility to a distribution center or storage facility;
(B) Operates at a hoop stress of 20 percent or more of SMYS; or
(C) Transports gas within a storage field.
(19) “Transportation of gas” means the gathering, transmission, or distribution of gas by pipeline or the storage of gas, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce.History: Rule 02-01, eff 30 Aug 01.