Cite as [A.S.A.C. § 24.0854]
(1) Steel welding must be performed by a qualified welder in accordance with welding procedures qualified to produce welds meeting the requirements of 49 CFR 192 Subpart E. The quality of the test welds used to qualify the procedure shall be determined by destructive testing.
(2) Welding procedures must be recorded in detail, including the results of the qualifying tests. This record must be retained and followed whenever the procedure is used.
(3) Welds shall be inspected and tested in a proper manner according to the provisions of 49 CFR 192.241 and 192.243, and, if defects are found, repaired in accordance with 49 CFR 192.245.
(1) The pipeline must be designed and installed so that each joint will sustain the longitudinal pullout or thrust forces caused by contraction or expansion of the piping or by anticipated external or internal loading.
(2) Each joint must be made in accordance with written procedures that have been proven by test or experience to produce strong gas tight joints.
(3) Each joint must be installed and inspected in accordance with the provisions of 49 CFR Part 192 subpart F, which is hereby incorporated by reference.History: Rule 02-01, eff 30 Aug 01.