47.0801 Creation of an American Samoan advisory council on domestic and family violence - Purpose - Required report.Cite as [A.S.C.A. 47.0801]
(a) There is hereby created the American Samoa advisory council on domestic and family violence.
(b) The purpose of the advisory council is to increase the awareness and understanding of domestic and family violence and its consequences and to reduce the incidence of domestic and family violence within the Territory by:
(1) Promoting effective strategies for identification of the existence of domestic or family violence and intervention by public and private agencies serving persons who are victims of domestic or family violence;
(3) Facilitating communication between public and private agencies that provide programs for victims of domestic and family violence and programs of intervention for perpetrators;
(4) Providing assistance to public and private agencies to develop statewide procedures and community education, including procedures for reviewing fatalities in local communities;
(5) Developing a comprehensive and coordinated plan of data collection concerning domestic and family violence for courts, prosecutors, law enforcement officers, health care practitioners, and other state agencies, in consultation with each other and in a manner that protects the identity of victims of domestic and family violence; and
(6) Promoting the organization of local councils on domestic and family violence and providing assistance and support to established local councils.
(c) The advisory council shall report to the Governor, the Speaker of the House and President of the Senate.History: 2004, PL 28-16.