(a) The Department of Public Safety shall establish or make available:
(1) Programs of education and counseling for offenders who are also victims of domestic or family violence; and
(2) Programs of intervention for perpetrators convicted of crimes involving domestic or family violence.
(b) The Director shall adopt rules or regulations requiring initial training and continuing education for employees of the correctional institutions concerning domestic and family violence. A new employee must receive the initial training during the orientation of the employee to the institution.
(c) The Department of Public Safety shall develop or adopt and put into effect written policies and procedures concerning:
(1) The effective response to cases involving domestic and family violence.
(2) Enforcement of American Samoa statutes concerning domestic and family violence.
(3) Protection and safety of the victims of domestic violence and other family and household members.
(4) Coordination with hospitals and programs for victims of domestic or family violence.History: 2004, PL 28-16.