It is a class B misdemeanor for any person to (1) display, or cause or permit to be displayed, or have in his possession, any canceled, revoked, suspended, fictitious or fraudulently altered driver’s license:
(2) lend his driver’s license to any other person or knowingly permit the use thereof by another;
(3) display or represent as one’s own any driver’s license not issued to him;
(4) fail or refuse to surrender to the commissioner upon lawful demand, any driver’s license which has been suspended, revoked or canceled;
(5) use a false or fictitious name in any application for a driver’s license or to knowingly conceal a material tact or otherwise commit a fraud in any such application;
(6) permit any unlawful use of a driver’s license issued to him;
(7) cause or knowingly permit his child or ward under the age of 18 years to drive a motor vehicle upon any highway when such minor is not authorized to drive under this chapter or is in violation of any provision of this chapter;
(8) authorize or knowingly permit a motor vehicle owned by him or under his control to be driven upon any highway by any person who is not licensed for the type of class of vehicle to be driven, or in violation of any provision of this chapter;
(9) do any act forbidden, or fail to perform any act required, by this chapter.History: 1972, PL 12-65 § 1; amd 1980, PL 16-90 § 58.
Amendments: 1980 Amended to conform with penalties provided for in Title 46. Criminal Justice.