The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass on the right of another vehicle only under the following conditions:
(1) when the vehicle overtaken is making or is about to make a left turn;
(2) upon a street or highway with unobstructed pavement not occupied by parked vehicles;
(3) upon a one-way street, or upon any roadway on which traffic is one way, where the roadway is free from obstructions and of sufficient width for 2 or more lines of moving vehicles;
(4) when conditions permit such movement with safety;
(5) in no event shall such movement be made by driving off the pavement or main traveled portion of the roadway.History: 1972, PL 12-65 § 1.