(a) A person who, with fraudulent intent, does any of the following, is guilty of a class D felony:
(1) alters, forges or counterfeits a registration card, motor vehicle license application, license tag or insurance or inspection certificate;
(2) has possession of or uses a registration card, motor vehicle license application or license tag, or insurance or inspection certificate, knowing it to have been altered, forged or counterfeited;
(3) uses a false or fictitious name or address, makes a material false statement, or fails to disclose or conceal any material fact in an application for registration, motor vehicle license or insurance or inspection certificate.
(b) A person is guilty of a class B misdemeanor who:
(1) with fraudulent intent, permits another, not entitled thereto, to use or have possession of a registration card or license tag;
(2) commits a fraud in any application for a registration, motor vehicle license or insurance or inspection certificate;
(3) attaches to and uses on any vehicle plates, tags, or emblems not furnished in accordance with the law;
(4) fraudulently uses vehicle plates, tags, or emblems upon any vehicle other than the one to which the number, plates, tags or emblems were issued;
(5) violates any other provision of this chapter.History: 1972, PL 12-65 § 1;amd 1980,PL 16-90 § 59; amd 1988, PL 20-49.
Amendments: 1980 Amended to conform with penalties provided for in Title 46, Criminal Justice.