Each village council is authorized by majority vote of those present to enact land use ordinances which:
(1) prescribe soil conservation practices that must be followed when growing specified agricultural crops on any land in the village;
(2) prescribe soil conservation practices that must be followed for specified lands in the village regardless of the crop grown;
(3) limit, to the extent reasonably necessary to carry out the policy of this chapter, the agricultural use that may be made of specified lands in the village;
(4) provide for coordinated soil conservation programs on lands owned by different persons, and prescribe joint or community obligations with respect thereto;
(5) provide penalties for violating, and methods for enforcing, the ordinances, which may include action by the village when a landowner refuses to comply with an ordinance, and assessment against the landowner of the cost of village action.History: 1972, PL 7-24.