(a) As used in this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise:
(1) “Dealer” means any person or business entity engaged in the business of: buying, canning, curing, or preserving fish or shell fish; or manufacturing meal, oil, flour, protein concentrate, animal food or fertilizer from fish or shellfish.
(2) “Director” means the Director of Marine and Wildlife Resources.
(3) “Drift gillnet fishing” means any gillnet that is more than half a mile in length; and that enmeshes, entraps, or entangles any fish; and that is used or intended to be used or intended to be used while attached to any point of land or the seabed irrespective of whether the net is used or intended to be used while attached to any vessel.
(4) “Fish” means those species of the classes osteichthyes, condrichthyes and agnatha that shall not be fished for except as authorized by rule of the director. The term “fish” includes all stages of development and the bodily parts of fish species.
(5) “Department” means the Department of Marine and Wildlife Resources.
(6) “Shellfish” means those species of marine and fresh water invertebrates that shall not be taken except as authorized by rule of the Director. The term “shellfish” includes all stages of development and the bodily parts of shellfish species.
(7) “Territory” means all Territorial areas, and all marine waters and fresh waters within a three-mile zone extending outward from the shoreline.
(8) “Wildlife” means all species of the animal kingdom whose members exist in a wild state, excepting “fish” and “shellfish”, that shall not be taken except as authorized by rule of the Director. The term “wildlife” includes all states of development and the bodily parts of wildlife species.History: 1987, PL 20-12 § 1; 1988, PL 20-62; 1989, PL 21-20.