The Governor may not approve an application for a business license to maintain and operate a hotel unless it substantially meets the standards of the hotel at Goat Island Point (currently owned by the American Samoan Development Corporation) regarding:
(1) sanitary conditions;
(2) room space for each guest;
(3) architectural beauty;
(4) public room space for guests, taking into consideration the number of guestrooms in the hotel;
(5) interior decorations, including decoration in guestrooms;
(6) equipment for the preservation of food;
(7) equipment for the preparation of food;
(8) area surrounding the hotel;
(9) window space for guestrooms and public rooms;
(10) electric lighting;
(11) building materials.History: 1963, PL 8-6; 1966, PL 9-49; amd 1976, PL 14-28.
Amendment: 1976 Opening paragraph formerly provided that standards of the Pago Pago Americana Hotel be substantially met.