The Board has the following duties and responsibilities:
(1) pursuant to the provisions and procedures of 4.1001 et seq.;
(A) to promulgate rules necessary for control of the importation, sale and use of beer and alcoholic beverages in American Samoa and for the administration of this chapter, including, but not limited to, rules regarding eligibility and qualifications for licensure and specifying the books and records to be kept by all licensees;
(B) to issue, renew, refuse, modify, suspend or revoke all licenses required by this chapter;
(2) to inspect the premises, books and records of any licensee at any reasonable time;
(3) to give advice and counsel to the government,
(4) to establish the number of alcoholic beverage vendor’s licenses throughout the Territory and in no case shall any county have more than 3 and these shall be equitably distributed geographically to accommodate the population density;
(5) to establish, at least once annually, a prescribed maximum price list for alcoholic beverages other than beer. The Board shall establish reasonable, uniform wholesale discounts for alcoholic beverage licenses purchasing in bulk volume for resale by the drink in clubs or other premises licensed as much by the Board; and
(6) to devise a government stamp for affixing to alcoholic beverages other than beer; to prescribe the manner in which the stamp shall be affixed as a seal; and to establish the conditions under which alcoholic beverages may be imported and retained without the American Samoa alcoholic beverage stamp.History: 1963, PL 8-7, 1968, PL 10-43, 1971, PL 12-17 § 1, amd 1984, PL 18-53 § 2.
Amendments: 1984 Subsections (4) and (5) renumbered to be (5) and (6). New subsection (4) added Boards power to establish the number of alcoholic beverage vendor’s licenses.