The following vessels and aircraft shall be exempt from 27.1006 and 27.1007:
(1) vessels or aircraft of war;
(2) public vessels or aircraft;
(3) vessels or aircraft not permitted by the laws of the nation to which they belong to transport passengers or merchandise for hire;
(4) vessels arriving for the purpose of taking on bunker fuel or sea stores, without landing or taking on passengers or merchandise; the master or agent shall certify under oath the amount of fuel and sea stores so taken; a vessel taking on ships stores or equipment shall be required to make entry;
(5) vessels and aircraft arriving in distress and remaining less than 72 hours.History: 1963, PL 8-1; 2008, PL 30-36.