(a) Near the notary’s official signature on the notarial certificate of a paper document, the notary shall affix a sharp, legible, permanent, and photographically reproducible image of the official seal that shall include the following elements:
(1) the notary’s name exactly as indicated on the commission;
(2) the serial number of the notary’s commission;
(3) the words “Notary Public” and “Territory of American Samoa” and “My commission expires (commission expiration date)”;
(4) the notary’s business address; and
(5) a border in a rectangular shape no larger than 1 inch by 2 inches, surrounding the required words.
(b) Illegible information within a seal impression may be typed or printed legibly by the notary adjacent to but not within the impression.
(c) An embossed seal impression that is not photographically reproducible may be used in addition to but not in lieu of the seal described in subsection (a).History: 2008, PL 30-18.