(a) The department may provide a voluntary accreditation program for ASG agencies, public or private sector partners or volunteers in various areas concerning public health including providing essential public health services and functions.
(b) Any accreditation program under this section shall be as follows:
(1) The accreditation program shall be administered by the department;
(2) Each accreditation program may include one or more areas or topics appropriate for the purpose of this section;
(3) Participation by the members or employees of any entity or individual referred to in (a) above shall be voluntary and without any form or type of compensation for the participants time, effort, or participation;
(4) The department shall attempt to have each accreditation program instructed by employees of the department knowledgeable in the topic or by a volunteer knowledgeable in the topic; and
(5) The department may award certificates or other indicia of participation or completion to any entity or individual referred to in (a) above.
(c) The department may set incentives to meet public health workforce accreditation standards or goals, including:
(1) Organizational accountability awards;
(2) Recognition for department personnel, ASG agencies, public and private sector partners and volunteers; and
(3) Other development initiatives.History: 2007, PL 30-11.