(a) The Director shall administer this chapter and may add substances to or delete substances enumerated in 13.1004 through 13.1014 pursuant to the procedures of the Administrative Procedure Act, 4.1001 et seq. In making a determination regarding a substance, the Director shall consider the following:
(1) the actual or relative potential for abuse;
(2) the scientific evidence of its pharmacological effect if known;
(3) the state of current scientific knowledge regarding the substance;
(4) the history and current pattern of abuse;
(5) the scope, duration, and significance of abuse;
(6) the risk to the public health;
(7) the potential of the substance to produce psychic or physiological dependence liability; and
(8) whether the substance is an immediate precursor of a substance already controlled under this chapter.
(b) After considering the factors enumerated in subsection (a), the Director shall make findings with respect thereto and issue a rule controlling the substance if he finds the substance has a potential for abuse.History: 1974, PL 13-56 § 3.