As used in this chapter, unless the context clearly requires otherwise:
(1) “Samoan art, culture and traditions” means, but is not limited to, the traditional and contemporary expressions of Samoan language, history, anthropology, archaeology, linguistics, music, social institutions, more/values, legends, mythologies, and other related studies, research and analyses that pertain to the Samoan culture and traditions.
(2) “Academy” means the academy established to promote and enhance the objectives and purposes of this Act.
(3) “Board” means the board of governors of the academy established under this act.
(4) “Samoan” means any person who is of Samoan ancestry and who actively participates and engages in the practice of Samoan culture, language arts and traditions.
(5) “Governor” means the governor of American Samoa.
(6) “Legislature” means the Legislature of American Samoa.History: 2000, PL 26-32.