This act shall be construed and applied to advance its underlying purposes listed in no order of priority, which are:
(1) to promote American Samoa as a tourist destination for the Pacific region and around the world;
(2) to promote tourism within American Samoa and among its people by getting the people involved with various projects and activities aimed at elevating American Samoa as a competitive tourist destination;
(3) to promote the preservation of the Samoan culture and heritage;
(4) to promote the preservation of the environment among the residents of American Samoa;
(5) to promote the preservation of Samoan cultural sites, locations, artifacts, oral traditions, and festive arts; and
(6) to create one government entity responsible for the coordination and facilitation of all that is necessary to carry out the provisions and intent of this act.History: 2008, PL 30-15.