(a) The board shall consist of the following members:
(1) one member shall be an employee of the Department of Commerce;
(2) one member shall be selected from the Office of Samoan Affairs;
(3) two members shall be selected from the American Samoa Visitors Association (ASVA) from individuals who possess at least five years experience in the airline, travel agency, or hotel or lodging industries. The individuals selected under this subsection cannot be from the same industry, and not more than one may be selected from individuals residing outside of American Samoa;
(4) one member shall possess at least five years experience in the cruise ship industry, and is currently employed with, or owns a cruise ship agency service. This member may be selected from individuals residing outside of American Samoa;
(5) one member shall be selected from the American Samoa Chamber of Commerce; and
(6) one member shall be selected from the National Park Service of American Samoa.
(b) The board shall select its own chairman.
(c) The first board selected shall have four members appointed for term of three years, and three members appointed for terms of two years. All subsequent members appointed shall be for terms of three years each.
(d) Three members, plus the chairman, shall constitute a quorum.History: 2008, PL 30-15.