(a) All vessels registered under this chapter shall be marked as follows:
(1) name of vessel on both bow and the stem;
(2) hailing port on the stem;
(3) draft marks on the stern and stem of all vessels 50 gross tons and over;
(4) load waterlines between stem and stem midway on hull;
(5) official number and net tonnage on the vessel’s main beam;
(6) any other markings determined, necessary by the Board in furtherance of this chapter.
(b) All markings shall be in block letters and numerals not less than 4 inches in height, except for draft markings, which shall be 6 inches in height. The markings shall be of a color which will contrast with the color of the hull so as to be distinctly visible and legible.History: 1971, PL 12-34 § 10.