For each vessel required to be registered and numbered under this chapter, the Department of Public Safety shall assess and collect from the owner the following fees and charges:
(1) Initial annual registration fee. For the issuance of an original certificate;
(A) For each vessel less than twenty feet in length, $10.00;
(B) For each vessel twenty feet or more in length, $20.00;
(C) For each amphibious vehicle that is licensed as a motor vehicles, $10.00;
(2) Annual certificate renewal fee. For the annual renewal of a certificate:
(A) For each vessel less than twenty feet in length, $5.00;
(B) For each vessel twenty feet or more in length, $10.00;
(C) For each amphibious vehicle that is licensed as a motor vehicle, $5.00;
(3) Reregistration fee for the reregistration of a vessel, after a certificate has been canceled or voided, the appropriate amount provided in (1)(A) or (B) of this section.
(4) Transfer fee. For the transfer of a certificate, $5.00;
(5) Certificate and registration sticker replacement fee. For the issuance of a replacement certificate or a replacement set of vessel registration stickers, $10.00;
(6) Certificate modification fee. For modifying a certificate, $5.00;
(7) Penalty charges for lateness. For each month or fraction thereof that a registration, renewal, reregistration or transfer is delinquent, one tenth of the appropriate fee shall be added to the normal fee;
(8) Exemptions. The department may reasonably establish, by rules, exemptions from the fees required by this section.
(9) The above fees and charges may be modified after every 5 years. The Department of Public Safety shall initiate the modification of fees and charges under this chapter.History: 1993, PL 23-9.