The ASBA November 2015 general membership meeting is coming up! Please note that it will be held on WEDNESDAY, rather than the usual Thursday.
Date: Wednesday, November 18, 2015
Location: Toa Bar & Grill, Nu'uuli, American Samoa
We will discuss several issues, including the upcoming Christmas party (December 5) and the Samoa Law Society symposium which is being held in Apia on December 2-3 (Pago Pago time).
As an extra incentive for attendance, ASBA will be providing FREE FOOD to members who attend.
The Bar’s Annual meeting will be held at 6:00pm on April 28 at the American Samoa Culinary Academy. The room will be on the second floor of the Academy using the outside staircase. The meeting will begin after the Law Conference, and the two events are right down the street from each other.
- Strategic plan presentation
- Website launch and demonstration
- Annual report
- Officer elections
Proxy votes may be used for the officer elections, but will not be counted towards quorum.
The Bar will be meeting at Sadie’s Inn at 5:30 on July 28. We will be discussing the following topics:
- Voting for an ABA delegate (the ABA meeting is the beginning of August). If you would like to nominate somebody, please do so at the meeting.
- Resolution in support of American Samoa’s inclusion in the ABA
- The Bar Christmas party – should we have it in Apia?
- Topics for a lunch with Judge Ward
- Making public the Samoan Pacific Bar Journal
The May Bar Meeting will be held at 5pm on May 26 at Evalani’s in Pago Pago. The agenda includes:
- bar numbers – should we have them? If so, how would it work?
- Events with Western Samoa’s law society
- ABA updates
- Unpublished cases and how to use them
- Possible projects and events for the year – bring your ideas.
The ASBA held its annual meeting last Thursday, April 28. The annual report was presented, outlining the events of the past year, and discussing the prospects for the future. The bar voted on constitutional and bylaw changes. And elections for officers was held. The ASBA would like to thank all of those members who participated.
The American Samoa Bar Association will be holding its annual meeting at 5:30 pm on April 28, 2011 at Hong Kong House in Nu’uuli. The meeting will include votes on amendments to the bar constitution and by-laws, resolutions, and new officers for 2011-2012. All bar members are strongly encouraged to come and have a voice in the new elections.
At the annual meeting on April 28th, the Constitution and By-Laws Committee will present four amendments for the ASBA’s consideration. Please read over the proposals and have comments and amendments ready during the meeting.
(1) An amendment to the By-Laws changing the number needed for quorum from 10 members, to 20% of the on-island members. Read it here.
(2) An amendment to the Constitution adding as an officer an American Bar Association Delegate. Read it here.
(3) An amendment to the By-Laws adding as an officer an American Bar Association Delegate. Read it here.
(4) An interpretation of the notice requirements found in the Constitution and By-Laws to include email and other electronic communication. Read it here.