The Bar’s Annual meeting will be held at 6:00pm on April 28 at the American Samoa Culinary Academy. The room will be on the second floor of the Academy using the outside staircase. The meeting will begin after the Law Conference, and the two events are right down the street from each other.
- Strategic plan presentation
- Website launch and demonstration
- Annual report
- Officer elections
Proxy votes may be used for the officer elections, but will not be counted towards quorum.
The Bar will be meeting at Sadie’s Inn at 5:30 on July 28. We will be discussing the following topics:
- Voting for an ABA delegate (the ABA meeting is the beginning of August). If you would like to nominate somebody, please do so at the meeting.
- Resolution in support of American Samoa’s inclusion in the ABA
- The Bar Christmas party – should we have it in Apia?
- Topics for a lunch with Judge Ward
- Making public the Samoan Pacific Bar Journal
The May Bar Meeting will be held at 5pm on May 26 at Evalani’s in Pago Pago. The agenda includes:
- bar numbers – should we have them? If so, how would it work?
- Events with Western Samoa’s law society
- ABA updates
- Unpublished cases and how to use them
- Possible projects and events for the year – bring your ideas.